As a key aspect of the WIP Leadership Curriculum, students participate in a 6-week Work Placement during their time in DC. Work Placements highlight and enhance the students’ professional development, aiding in the advancement of their leadership capabilities while establishing connections with key organizations and issue areas in the U.S.
Past Work Placements have included the following:
- Capitol Hill – then Senators Hillary Clinton & Barack Obama, Senator John McCain; Reps Peter King & Joe Crowley
- Government Agencies – Library of Congress, Environmental Protection Agency
- Media Outlets – ABC, CNN, and C-SPAN
- Nonprofits – Habitat for Humanity
- Higher Education – Georgetown Lombardi Center
- Business – Eli Lily, Zurich
- Diplomatic Missions – the Embassy of Ireland and the Northern Ireland Bureau
We encourage all prospective Work Placement supervisors to review our Work Placement Information Pack which includes additional details about WIP and a sample schedule for the each summer.
Interested in Being a Work Placement?
If you are ready to interested in serving as a Work Placement for a member of the WIP Class of 2017 contact our DC office on 202.772.3824.